On July 13, 2020 Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU) organized a webinar on the Third mission of the university During/After Coronavirus Crisis. The webinar was focused on the role of university in difficult times.
The panelists discussed the following issues:
- What is the definition of the third mission of the universities?
- How did universities around the world respond to the pandemic?
- What should/can universities do during crisis in the country/world?
- How university can raise awareness of society on the issues of pandemic?
- How university can prevent spreading the virus?
- Did the pandemic serve as a driver to incite the universities to engage in the third mission activities?
- Can we expect the rise of the third mission after the pandemic?
Webinar speakers were:
- Dr. George Sharvashidze, Rector of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University;
- Dr. Christophe Terrasse, Director of International Projects at European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD);
- Ms. Fiona Crozier, Independent Consultant, former Head of International, QAA, UK;
- Prof. Jean-Charles Cailliez – Vice-President of Innovation at Lille Catholic University.
Moderator: Ms. Maia Gelashvili – Coordinator at Quality Assurance Office at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.