Psychological Anthropology (Interdisciplinary)
Professor Lali Surmanidze
Doctor of Psychological Anthropology
Language of instruction:
The Doctoral Programme “Organization Development and Consulting” aims at preparing the highly-qualified scientists, researchers and practitioners.
The program is interdisciplinary and thus open. It is compulsory to have a B2 level language certificate for attesting competence in a foreign language, as well as to undergo an interview in specialization.
The Doctor will be competent to plan and conduct the independent research in the field of Organization Development and Consulting. She/he will also have the recent achievements-based knowledge on the structure and dynamics of organizations, as well as the human factor and its role in organizations. After the completion of the programme, the Doctor will have the knowledge of the introduction, implementation and supervision of the innovative research independently; working out the research and analytical methods and approaches that are oriented on the creation of new knowledge; carrying out the independent work in the development of the organization; developing a curriculum; conducting and teaching the learning process; expansion of existing knowledge and creation of new consultation methods; analysing the situation independently, making the effective decisions and solving the problem; introduction of the essential innovation for the organization, such as the implementation of the organization development and consulting in Georgia.
The Doctor should understand the professional and ethical principles.
After completion of the Programme, the Doctor will be able to work in higher education institutions, research centres and organizations.
- Centers interested in comparative anthropological and psychological research (both scientific and applied)
- Research institutes involved in human science
- Scientific organizations or their departments studying culture and cultural peculiarities;
- Higher educational institutions offering specializations in anthropology, psychology and culture whose interests involve studying the dynamics of various spheres of public life;
- Specialized research organizations/centers (governmental and non-governmental sectors), whose interests involve analysis of various spheres of social and cultural life through using psycho-anthropological research data (economy, business, marketing, management, education, medicine, mass media, politics, law, service sphere, etc.);
- Organizations oriented to solution of social, political and economic problems that have a demand for psycho-anthropological research data and so on.