Department of Clinical Anatomy and Operative Surgery, Head of the Department
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine
Address: TSU Faculty of Medicine; Institute of Morphology; A. Beliashvili str. N78
- 1975 - 1981 - Tbilisi State Medical Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Certified Specialist
- 1987 - Candidate of Medical Science
- 1994 - Doctor of Medical Science
- Since 2017 – Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, TSU
- Since 2005 – Professor, Head of the Department of Clinical Anatomy and Operative Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, TSU
- Since 2011 - Head of the undergraduate educational programs - "Medicine" (Georgian) and "Medicine" (English)
- Director of the Ph.D. Program “Clinical and translational medicine” at the Faculty of Medicine, TSU
- 1983 - 2005 - Tbilisi State Medical University, Department of Operative Surgery and Topographic Anatomy, Assistant, Professor
Scientific and other awards:
- Order of Honor, Georgia
- Award Honorary Diploma of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of Abkhazia Autonomic Republic, Georgia
- Scholarship for the Head of the Office of the National Palliative Care Coordinator existing at the Parliament of Georgia (2005-2009)
Membership of professional associations:
- Since 2011 - President of the Georgian National Palliative Care Association
- Since 2000 - Member of nternational College of Surgeons
- Since 1998 - Member of European Society of Surgery
- Member of the Georgian Medical Association
Membership of the Editorial Board of International Journals:
- Since 2021 - Member of the Editorial Board of Georgian Medical News
- Since 2019 - Member of the Editorial Board of the World Journal of Experimental Medicine
- Since 2007 - Acta morphologica et antropologica Member of Editorial Council
Participation in scientific projects:
- Two symposia in 2015 and 2019, Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation
- 2016-2021 - "New Structured Doctoral Program - Translational Biomedicine (Hepatology)", DP2016_22, Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation Grant
- 2014 - Transplantation of Liver and Pancreas/Langerhans Islets – Organizational, Legal, Clinical and Scientific Aspects, Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation
- 2013 – 2015 - Improving the functional regeneration and recovery processes following to the ischemic stroke, Rustaveli National Science Foundation
- 2007 – 2010 - HPV Prevalence Survey in Tbilisi, Georgia WHO. IARC, LION (France)
2005 – 2009 - Epidemiological, Clinical and Laboratory Study of Helicobacter Pylori in Georgia, BTEP and ISTC
Author of more than 150 publications
- Patarshvili LG, Tsomaia KB, Bebiashvili IS, Kordzaia DJ, Gusev SA. Spatial Organization of the Transport of Interstitial Fluid and Lymph in Rat Liver (Scanning Electron Microscopy of Injection Replicas). Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine. 2021 Jan 16:1-5.
- Khatchapuridze K, Kekelidze N, Tsitsishvili Z, Mchedlishvili M, Kordzaia D. Papillary thyroid carcinoma in Struma Ovarii. Gynecological Endocrinology. 2020 Aug 2;36(8):749-52.
- Tsomaia K, Patarashvili L, Karumidze N, Bebiashvili I, Azmaipharashvili E, Modebadze I, Dzidziguri D, Sareli M, Gusev S, Kordzaia D. Liver structural transformation after partial hepatectomy and repeated partial hepatectomy in rats: A renewed view on liver regeneration. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2020 Jul 21;26(27):3899.
- Tsomaia K, Patarashvili L, Bebiashvili I, Azmaiparashvili E, Kakabadze M, Jalabadze N, Sareli M, Gusev S, Kordzaia D. New corrosion cast media and its ability for SEM and light microscope investigation. Microscopy research and technique. 2020 Jul;83(7):778-89.
- Azmaiparashvili E, Bebiashvili I, Karumidze N, Tsomaia K, Kordzaia D. Ductular reaction at the early and late stages of biliary obstruction: is the mechanism the same?. Georgian medical news. 2019 Jan 1(286):100-6.
- Dzotsenidze P, Abesadze I, Maurer MA, Chikhladze N, Kordzaia D, Jorbenadze M, Gilson AM. Identifying barriers and contradictions in laws affecting pain management in Georgia. Translational and Clinical Medicine-Georgian Medical Journal. 2018 Nov 15;3(2):19-30.
- Chikhladze N, Tebidze N, Chabukiani T, Chabukiani N, Chkhartishvili N, Jincharadze M, Kordzaia D. The Attitudes, Needs, and Requirements at End of Life in the Republic of Georgia (Comparative Analysis of Groups of Patients With Cancer and Elders). Journal of palliative care. 2018 Oct;33(4):252-9.
- Dzotsenidze P, Lekashvili T, Chikhladze N, Jorbenadze M, Abesadze I, Kordzaia D. Impact of Ambiguous and Restrictive Regulations on Opioid-Prescribing Practice in Georgia. Journal of pain and symptom management. 2018 Jul 1;56(1):63-71.
- Tsomaia K, Inauri N, Patarashvili L, Karumidze N, Azmaipharashvili E, Bebiashvili I, Kordzaia M, Kakabadze M, Dzidziguri D, Kordzaia D. To fill the missing fragments of a complex mosaic of liver regeneration. Transl Clin Med-Georg Med J. 2018 Apr 22;3:32-7.
- Clifford GM, Waterboer T, Dondog B, Qiao YL, Kordzaia D, Hammouda D, Keita N, Khodakarami N, Raza SA, Sherpa AT, Zatonski W. Hepatitis C virus seroprevalence in the general female population of 9 countries in Europe, Asia and Africa. Infectious agents and cancer. 2017 Dec;12(1):1-8.
- Dzotsenidze P, Maurer MA, Kordzaia D, Abesadze I, Brown MM, Gilson AM, Cleary JF. The contribution of the International Pain Policy Fellowship in improving opioid availability in Georgia. Journal of pain and symptom management. 2017 Nov 1;54(5):749-57.
- Chikhladze N, Janberidze E, Velijanashvili M, Chkhartishvili N, Jintcharadze M, Verne J, Kordzaia D. Mismatch between physicians and family members views on communications about patients with chronic incurable diseases receiving care in critical and intensive care settings in Georgia: a quantitative observational survey. BMC palliative care. 2016 Dec;15(1):1-0.
- Khodeli N, Chkhaidze Z, Partsakhashvili J, Pilishvili O, Kordzaia D. Practical and Theoretical Considerations for ECMO System Development. Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation-Advances in Therapy. 2016 Sep 14.
- Khodeli N, Chkhaidze Z, Partsakhashvili D, Pilishvili O, Kordzaia D. Theoretical background of finding organs for transplantation among non-heart beating donors under unsuccessful extracorporeal resuscitation (Literature Review). Georgian medical news. 2016 May 1(254):92-7.
- Girdaladze A, Mosidze B, Elisabedashvili G, Kordzaia D. breath test with locally produced 13с-urea (TBILISI, GEORGIA) in diagnostics of helicobacter pylori infection. Georgian medical news. 2016 Apr 1(253):77-85.
- Matevossian E, Kordzaia D, Chkhaidze Z, Khodeli N, Partsakashvili J, Khachiperadze Z, Doll D, Lobzhanidze G. Abdominal organ donation: surgical aspects and recommended practice guidelines for controlled donation of brain-dead donor. Georgian medical news. 2015 Feb 1(239):81-9.
- Kordzaia D, Jangavadze M. Unknown bile ductuli accompanying hepatic vein tributaries (experimental study). Georgian Med News. 2014 Sep 1;234:121-9.
- Ustiashvili M, Kordzaia D, Mamaladze M, Jangavadze M, Sanodze L. Investigation of functional activity human dental pulp stem cells at acute and chronic pulpitis. Georgian Med News. 2014 Sep 1;234:19-24.
- Kordzaia D, Chanukvadze I, Jangavadze M. Functional Anatomy of Intrahepatic Biliary System (Clinical and Experimental Data). Bile Duct: Functional Anatomy, Disease and Injury Classification and Surgical Management. 2014: 1-87.
- Kandelaki S, Kordzaia D. Helicobacter and hepatobiliary diseases: conceptual view and review of the literature. Georgian medical news. 2014 Jul 1(232-233):92-8.
- Onyeka TC, Velijanashvili M, Abdissa SG, Manase FA, Kordzaia D. Twenty‐first century palliative care: a tale of four nations. European journal of cancer care. 2013 Sep;22(5):597-604.
- Chkhaidze Z, Khodeli N, Pilishvili O, Partsakhashvili D, Jangavadze M, Kordzaia D. New model of veno-venous bypass for management of anhepatic phase in experimental study on dogs. InTransplantation proceedings 2013 Jun 1 (Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 1734-1738). Elsevier.
- Partsakhashvili D, Chkhaidze Z, Khodeli N, Pilishvili O, Jangavadze M, Kordzaia D. Experimental liver autotransplantation with novel scheme of veno-venous bypass as a model of liver denervation and delymphatization. InTransplantation proceedings 2013 Jun 1 (Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 1739-1742). Elsevier.
- Kordzaia DJ, Dgebuadze MA. Microcirculatory Bed in Organs Supplied by Draining Ducts System: Four Compartments Instead of Three. Editorial Advisory Board. 2013 Jan 1:54.
- Azmaiparashvili E, Berishvili E, Kakabadze Z, Pilishvili O, Mikautadze E, Solomonia R, Jangavadze M, Kordzaia D. Ductular reaction at the early terms of common bile duct ligation in the rats. Acta Biologica Hungarica. 2012 Sep 1;63(3):321-32.
- Tarkhashvili N, Chakvetadze N, Mebonia N, Chubinidze M, Bakanidze L, Shengelidze V, Mirtskhulava M, Chachava T, Katsitadze G, Gabunia U, Kordzaia D. Traditional risk factors for Helicobacter pylori infection not found among patients undergoing diagnostic upper endoscopy—Republic of Georgia, 2007–2008. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2012 Sep 1;16(9):e697-702.
- Kordzaia D, Rukhadze T, Lobjanidze G, Khachiperadze Z. Georgian Experience in Palliative Care Development – From Pilot Programs to International Collaboration. World medical journal, 2012/2; 58(1): 13-15
- Azmaiparashvili E, Berishvili E, Jangavadze M, Kordzaia D. Study on the Origin of “Newductules” Appearing in the Rat Liver in Several Hours After Common Bile Duct Ligation. Acta morphologica (ло\et anthropologica Ц су. 2012:8.
- Kordzaia D, Dalakishvili S, Gvamichava R, Rukhadze T, Abesadze I, Dzotsenidze P, Gagua R, Tsertsvadze T, Javashvili G, Jincharadze M, Aladashvili T. Georgian national program for palliative care, Action plan for 2011–2015.
- Alibegashvili T, Clifford GM, Vaccarella S, Baidoshvili A, Gogiashvili L, Tsagareli Z, Kureli I, Snijders PJ, Heideman DA, van Kemenade FJ, Meijer CJ, Kordzaia D. Human papillomavirus infection in women with and without cervical cancer in Tbilisi, Georgia. Cancer epidemiology. 2011 Oct 1;35(5):465-70.
- Rukhadze T, Kordzaia D. Perspective in supportive care—Practical experiences in Georgia. Journal of pediatric hematology/oncology. 2011 Oct 1;33:S159-61.
- Kordzaia D. Making the case for palliative care in developing countries: the Republic of Georgia. Journal of palliative medicine. 2011 May 1;14(5):539-41.
- Azmaiparashvili E, Kordzaia D, Dzidziguri D. Biliary hypertension as the cell proliferation trigger in bile duct ligated rats. Georgian Med News. 2009 Mar 1;168:111-6.
- Tarkhashvili N, Beriashvili R, Chakvetadze N, Moistsrapishvili M, Chokheli M, Sikharulidze M, Malania L, Abazashvili N, Jhorjholiani E, Chubinidze M, Ninashvili N. Helicobacter pylori infection in patients undergoing upper endoscopy, Republic of Georgia. Emerging infectious diseases. 2009 Mar;15(3):504.
- Kordzaia D. Portal and Biliary Hypertension as the Cells Proliferation Trigger (Landmarks for Future Investigations). Bull. Georg. Natl. Acad. Sci. 2009;3(1).
- Shaishmelashvili G. Machavariani P., Gusev S., Kordzaia D., Dekanosidze T., Burkadze G., Jorbenadze T., Alibegashvili T. Assessment of the risk of atherogenesis in newborns by studying their umbilical cord blood vessels. Experimental and Clinical Medicine, 2006; 8:9-11
- Sulaberidze GD, Kardzvia DD, Kikalishvili LA, TsT K. Common intralobular microcirculatory module peculliarities in cholestasis in white rats. Georgian medical news. 2006 Mar 1(132):100-5.
- Dzidzuguri DV, Bakuradze ED, Kakhidze IG, Megrelishvili GZ, Kordzaia DD. Regeneration of white rat liver during cholestasis. Tsitologiia. 2004 Jan 1;46(5):411-5.
- Kordzaya DJ, Goderdzishvili VT. Bacterial translocation in obstructive jaundice in rats: role of mucosal lacteals. European Journal of Surgery. 2000 May;166(5):367-74.
- Kordzaya D, Goderdzishvili VT. Pathogenesis of endotoxemia and multiple organ failure in case of mechanical jaundice and their aggravation after the relief of cholestasis. Przeglad lekarski. 2000 Jan 1;57(SUPP/5):36-9.
- Goderdzishvili V. Kordzaya D. Creation of Extrahepatic Cholestasis Model with Consequence External Drainage of Common Bile Duct in White Rats. Georgian Medical News. 1997/1
- Kordzaia DD, Gvazava AV. Characteristics of the reconstruction of bile ducts after cholecystectomy and the post-cholecystectomy syndrome. Vestnik khirurgii imeni II Grekova. 1990 Oct 1;145(10):25-9.
- Kordzaia D. Architectonics of excretory ducts, intraorganic lymphatic vessels tissue canals and intercellular spaces in some organs according to the scanning electron microscopy data of injection replicas. Arkh. Anat. Gistol. Embriol.. 1989;97:26-31.
- Kordzaia DD. Structure of the excretory ducts, intraorganic lymphatic vessels, tissue canals and intercellular space of various organs (data of scanning electron microscopy injection replicas). Arkhiv anatomii, gistologii i embriologii. 1989 Aug 1;97(8):26-31.
- Kordzaia D. Extrahepatic cholestasis (Book), Ed. House "Ganatleba", Tbilisi. 1990.
See more information under this link
- 2014 - Photo-therapeutic device "Aisi 3" Georgian National Center for Intellectual Property - SAQPATENTI U 1809 Patent
Lecturer of the following subjects: Clinical Anatomy and Surgical Surgery (Introductory Course, divided by systems); Research skills; Clinical skills; Academic writing